You can now use Google Home in Spanish
Up to this point, you haven’t been able to use the Google Home speakers in Spanish, but that’s all changing today. Google announced via its blog that you can now speak to your Google Home devices in multiple variations of Spanish.
To change the Google Home preferences to allow this, just go to the menu in your Google Home app, select preferences within settings and lastly tap Español. Here are some of the things you can do with it:
- Ask about your day with “Ok Google, ¿cómo será mi día?” and get a full rundown of what’s on your schedule for the day.
- Get to know more about the World Cup by asking “Ok Google, ¿cuándo juega México?” or cheer for your team with “Ok Google, dame un cántico de fútbol”.
- Listen to your top songs just by saying “Ok Google, reproducir mi lista de reproducción para hacer ejercicio” and start enjoying the hits.
- Turn down the temperature with your voice by asking “Ok Google, sube la temperatura del termostato” so you and your family stay comfortable without leaving the couch.
- Celebrate your birthday asking “Ok Google, cantamé Las Mañanitas”.
There’s three variations of Spanish available for different regions, and those are Spain, Mexico, and the United States. While you’ve been able to use Google Assistant via your smartphone in Spanish, it’s now being rolled out to Google Home, Google Home Mini, and Google Home Max smart speakers.Source: The Keyword