Pebble Launches Beta Channel Of The Pebble App
Pebble fans rejoice! The Pebble team has finally created a beta channel for the Pebble companion app on Android for anybody to join as they please. Pebble has created this beta channel to make it easy to deliver the latest and greatest features to it’s users that don’t mind a little “jankyness” here and there. Not only will the beta Pebble app give users the latest when it comes to the app, but since the app also pushes new firmware to the Pebble itself it is likely that the beta users will also get new firmware earlier than regular users.
For those of you who are reading this and thinking to yourself, “Hey, how do I get in on this beta action?”, here is how to join the Pebble beta. The first thing you are going to want to do is join Pebble’s Google+ group, you can do this by clicking here. Once you have done that you will need to become a beta tester by clicking here and selecting ‘Become a Tester’. After you have clicked ‘Become a Tester’ then an option on that same page should appear to download the beta app from the Google Play Store. There ya go! You should now be rocking the beta version of the Pebble app.
The first beta version of the app includes these enhancements and changes:
- Adds a new user interface for managing the connection to your Pebble
- Adds support for automatically changing the color of the Pebble graphics based on the color of the connected
- The user interface for side-loading Pebble apps is now consistent with the Pebble apps installed from the App Store
- Fixes a bug where the time on Pebble would not update when the phone’s time zone changed
- Fixes several issues encountered by some users when pairing or connecting a Pebble
- Many other bug fixes
f you guys have any questions about how beta apps work on Android or how to become a beta tester of the Pebble app feel free to leave us a comment here or on any of our social media accounts.
Source | Pebble