Verizon To Introduce New XLTE Network Next Week – Brings 2X Speeds To Select Markets
According to some leaks and reports, Verizon is planning to bring much faster LTE speeds to it’s most congested markets. Not long ago, Verizon announced plans to utilize the AWS spectrum in order to bring more bandwidth and faster peak speeds to those markets.
Droid Life originally brought the report a few days ago and since then several things have been confirmed.
- Double Bandwidth In Cities Coast-To-Coast
- Not all devices will be compatible
- Devices released within the last year should work after an OTA update to enable access
- Network will be capable of faster peak speeds
- XLTE will work on current plans
The new network speed is expected to be announced on May 19th and implemented on devices later on. If you have a device that’s on Verizon’s network from the past year or so, you can expect a possible update enabling the service.
Alongside all these reports and leaks as well comes this video showing of a possible ad from Verizon confirming the new service. Unfortunately however that video has since been removed.
Via: Droid Life